'Tis The Season For New Gear
Back in the day, the camera I shot most of my favorite films with was the Sony a7S II. This was one of the first cameras to really shoot well in low light, and that was a saving grace in a lot of situations.
Fast forward to 2020, and here we have the Sony a7S III.
- Full frame 4K at 120fps with no pixel binning.
- S-Log 3 with 15+ stops of dynamic range.
- ISO at numbers I never thought usable before.
- Next to zero rolling shutter issues that plagued the last version.
- Auto-focus that makes manual focusing a choice rather than a must.
All of that is to say: it's a wonderful camera to film with and, if early results are any indication, the future is looking extra bright thanks to this little guy's abilities.
If interested further, Phillip Bloom's review of the camera is a must-watch and, if you haven't seen it yet, I linked my first film I've done with this camera below that.
Enjoy and happy holidays!